Thursday, June 30, 2011

Plus 1 in NY

The group exhibition I will be participating in in New York opens next week at Sloan Fine Art.
The opening reception is Wednesday, July 6, from 6-8pm, and the show runs from July 7-28th.
Here is a link to the press release for the show.

It is called Plus 1. A selection of the gallery's artists were asked to each invite one artist to show along side them. The artist who chose me as his 'plus 1' is Montreal-based Brad Woodfin. I have been admiring his work for some time, and am so thrilled and honoured to be a part of this with him. His paintings are absolutely stunning! I wish I could visit NY for the opening, however I just don't have the time or funds to get there this summer. boo.

Here is the piece I made for the show, Pyrite 2, 10" x 10", oil on panel:
And here is some of Brad's incredible work (not specifically what will be in the exhibition):

Ibis, 16" × 20", oil on panel

Curlew, 8" × 10", oil on panel

Gerenuk, 12" × 9", oil on panel

8 comments:

  1. Carly, that's so exciting! Oh, I wish I could go to NY to see the show, too. Your piece is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Carly! and your painting looks amazing, I think it might be my favourite yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your oil painting of Pyrite is mesmerizing to me because it doesn't seems like it could be JUST a painting. I feel really drawn to it, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You're in amazing company and rightly so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pyrite piece is nuts! is it for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!!
    Jocelyn - it is for sale. You can inquire with the gallery (Sloan Fine Art) if you are interested:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the show! Lovely piece as well - :)

    ReplyDelete