Monday, May 13, 2013

Bella Venezia


So, that trip I mentioned in my last post... well, it was to Venice (as anyone who has been following me on instagram would know). My friend Shary Boyle is representing Canada at this year's Biennale, and I was invited to help with the installation for a couple of weeks. My best friend (and coe&waito partner) Alissa is Shary's production assistant for the project, so basically it was a chance to hang out with a couple of my favourite people in one of the most unique and beautiful cities in the world. Pretty sweet. Here are a bunch of my favourite pics that some of you will have already seen on instagram or facebook. If you don't already follow me on instagram, the rest of my trip photos can be seen here. As far as the Biennale pavilion goes, it's top secret until it opens officially at the end of the month, but I'll be sure to post details about Shary's masterpiece then. I'm so honoured to have been involved in a small way.

The Canada pavilion has the best font.
 
 Walking home after work on a rainy day.

All the wisteria was blooming. It was everywhere, and so beautiful!

 The palm tree below our kitchen window.

Dinner.

The Paradiso cafe near the entrance to the Biennale grounds. Perfect spot for after work spritzes.

Alissa and me at Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute.

Collecting shells at the Lido.

 The Piraeus Lion at the Arsenale.

Campo di San Francesco della Vigna.

Crazy marble on Basilica di San Marco.

 The fantastic terrazzo floors in our apartment.

 Venice is full of hilarious doorbell faces.

Vine-covered columns at Venice Marco Polo Airport


3 comments:

  1. i followed you on IG but oh man do i ever love these shots!! lucky you to have been able to visit + see the city from a business-travel perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel so so lucky! It was the perfect way to experience the city.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! How incredibly lucky you are :)
    Love the photos, shows a lot of the beauty.

    ReplyDelete