Sunday, January 16, 2011

January and beyond

January is turning out to be a very busy month. Full time hours at my 'job' plus weekends painting. I'm hoping to finish off my brother's album art by the end of the month so I can get back to my own stuff. Luckily after January I'll be spending a little less time on 'job' work and more time on painting work, because I have to be VERY productive for the next seven months. In September I will be having my first solo exhibition at Narwhal Art Projects!  I've known for a while, but wasn't sure if I should announce it yet. It seems too good to be true. I've finished three and half paintings for the show so far, so I have a LOT more work to do before the Autumn. I'll try to show some bits and pieces here along the way, but I will try to save most of it for September. Maybe this can count as a New Years resolution: maintaining a rigorous painting schedule and being more disciplined about how I spend my time in general. I don't usually do the resolution thing, but this year will definitely require more focus and discipline than I normally feel capable of. I hope I'm up to the challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Carly! That's amazing, I cannot wait to go to the opening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so exciting! I really wish I could see your work up close! do you generally work from life or a photograph?? and I have a very similar new years resolution. I'm hoping to get in at least 2 hours of painting a day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carly, you are going to rock it (har har!). You are excellent at everything you do so while the tasks ahead may seem daunting, you'll go above and beyond. For sure. I can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Erica! Oh, the opening... that's scary too. I can't help but worry whether anyone will come just for me!

    Thanks Kate! I take photographs to work from. Some of the specimens are so small, I wouldn't be able to even see the details without taking a good macro shot. Good luck with your resolution!

    Thanks Anabela! Your words of encouragement mean a lot. I'm pretty excited to see the results myself. It will be pretty satisfying to see a whole room full of work all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO happy to hear about your solo show, Carly! I am already getting goosebumps (from being too excited) imagining the gallery filled with your charming paintings. You will do splendidly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so sweet Selena! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete