Monday, February 11, 2013

big love


I am so thrilled to share the happy news that my guy Andrew and I got engaged this weekend! He surprised me on Friday night when we got home after being out for dinner for my birthday. Well, it wasn't a total surprise, because we'd been talking about it for ages, and in the fall we started the process of having a ring custom-made. It was just a matter of when Andrew would officially pop the question.

I'm so happy with the ring, I wanted to share some pictures and give a shout-out to Meredith Robb, the talented jewellery designer who made it for us. She was an absolute pleasure to work with, and she took my super-specific criteria and created a ring that is beyond anything I had imagined. I absolutely love it. The gemstone is an indicolite tourmaline that I picked up at a gem and mineral show I attended in September. I love the depth and sparkle of the grey stone, which appears more bluish or greenish depending on the light. I love that the band and setting balance delicacy and softness, with strength and precision. I love that it feels somehow ancient and yet totally modern; iconic but unique.

And I'm so so so happy to be marrying my love!








15 comments:

  1. omigosh congratulations!!! :) and what a gorgeous ring - that stone is just stunning, and i love the setting. high fives all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is a beautiful ring I love the indicolite tourmaline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful ring, Carly! Congratulations, again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carly, I'm a brand new reader and am loving catching up on your archives - and even more so, loving that I already know the happiest ending!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That is a fabulous ring!
    Be happy forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Carly! I am so happy for you and Andrew! I love your ring, the setting, the stone! I've never seen a setting like this before with a round band!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Carly!

    And I love your ring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. big fat congratulations! beautiful ring too <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!

    I just discovered your
    blog upon spotting your
    work on Pinterest.

    It is incredible.

    Do you have a shop?

    ReplyDelete