Friday, October 9, 2009

rainy day off



This is my last free day off for a week. It is a lazy rainy day, and I just bought a bunch of new yarn, so all I want to do is knit. I'm supposed to be finishing my tourmeline painting, but I really don't feel like it. I think I'll start knitting my new hat instead - irresponsible, but oh well. Maybe I'll get some painting done later tonight... (yeah right).  This Jo Sharp 'Alpaca Kid Lustre' is so pretty. It is 30% alpaca, 40% kid mohair & 30% merino, and so soft with a subtle sheen and soft subtle mohairy fuzziness. I love the prominent twist of it, and the colour ('Cork') is the perfect warm lavendery taupy light grey (the pictire doesn't do it justice). The pattern I downloaded has a bunch of techniques I've never done, so it will be a challenge. The first step is learning the 'german twisted cast on' method. Wish me luck....

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! That is super pretty wool! I've been buying a lot of neutral "dove grey"-type colours for the winter. I love how soft those colours look! I'm sure your hat will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete