Wednesday, October 7, 2009

some old paintings











Back in 2004 I did a group of small oil paintings on canvas (mostly around 8x10") of objects from around my home - little things that I have collected through my life that are significant or appealing to me in some way. I was (and still am) really interested in the meaning of objects; the significance of things that have memories associated with them, or become meaningful to us for reasons beyond our immediate understanding. Other than a few random exercises, this was really the last body of work I did before I started the mineral specimens this summer. (*the images are kind of tiny - I'll have to look for better quality images to replace these at some point)

1 comment:

  1. these are amazing , the shiny details, oil paint is your friend!
    I'd love to see them bigger someday, I have that deer's cousin!

    ReplyDelete