Thursday, July 8, 2010

new website!



I FINALLY got my portfolio site online. I've had it almost finished for ages, and kept avoiding it because I was having frustrating issues getting it online. So here it is: www.carlywaito.com. Right now it only has paintings you've probably seen before, but there will be new stuff soon. I have some new pieces done now (and a few still in progress) for a group show at Narwhal Art Projects that is happening later in the summer. I'll wait until closer to show time to post/upload the new work.

*PLEASE let me know if you notice any problems with the site or if you have trouble loading it or something. I am no expert with this stuff and it is very likely that there will be technical issues. It *should* be working fine, but I don't trust it, or rather I don't trust my website building skills.

7 comments:

  1. ooh la la, this looks so lovely! i'm glad to have a website as well as a blog of your own to peruse. the layout is fabulous as well; the only thing i noticed was the copyright date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! So lovely to see all your paintings again.

    Two wee bugs - on the home page for me, the "contact" link lines up beside the "paintings" link, rather than beneath it (I'm on Firefox on a mac). But it's beneath on all the other pages.

    Also, on the paintings page, is the first painting supposed to load by default? I don't see anything until I select a painting from the thumbnails (maybe this is what it's meant to be?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it (especially ur profile, well written!) yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all!

    carolyn - most of the content is from 2009, but I added a /10 to it for the new stuff. Thanks for the suggestion!

    Jane - That text spacing issue wasn't showing up in my browser so I had no idea. I just fixed it. Thanks!!
    The first painting page is meant to be blank before a thumbnail is selected. Do you think it would be better if it started with a painting already showing? I'm certainly open to suggestions!

    Kat- I'm so glad you like it! I always feel like a dork writing artist statements. It's hard! We have to read so many of them at the gallery, I think that has helped me get better at writing my own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your website. Absolutly gorgeous work!! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carly - I think either way works! I'd probably preload the first image, but I think it's just my random preference!

    It all looks amazing. Your work shines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was hoping to see prints for sale!

    *prints!*
    *prints!*

    ReplyDelete